Friday, April 25, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Earth Week at UMD April 21st-April 25th
You don't have to go completely vegan or vegetarian to have an impact on the environment
Producing 1 pound of beef uses...
- as much fuel as driving a car 32 miles.
- as much grain as 20 loaves of bread
- energy as 256 100 watt light bulbs per hour
- as much water as taking 60 showers
Over a year, if everyone in the United States ate no meat or cheese just one day a week, it would be like not driving 91 billion miles - or taking 7.6 million cars off the road. (Source: Environmental Working Group)
Thursday, April 3, 2014
So what's the deal with this blog?
If you are interested in . . . .
- What is going on with UMD Dining Services, in relation to nutrition, allergies, menu changes or updates, ingredients, new menu items, new nutritious offerings, new allergen friendly offerings, etc., this blog is for you.
- Information on health and nutrition services at UMD, such as workshops, contests and challenges, this blog is for you.
- Receiving tips, tricks, and information on how to eat a healthy diet with a college lifestyle and budget, including tips for finding nutritious food on campus, this blog is for you.
- Getting the latest and greatest on current health and nutrition topics, this blog is for you.
- If you are a Bulldog, this blog is for you!
I also want to use this site as a forum for you to give me feedback on what I can do to better serve you in my position. Are you interested in a weight management group on campus? Let me know! Is there a group of you that would like to go on a grocery store tour to learn about healthy grocery shopping? Let me know! Have a suggestion for food offerings, send me a message!